Saturday 14 May 2016

About that group work...


So for the infographics that I have been posting, yeah I was supposed to work with a group to make them... But I just don't like to work in a group, I work best when I can just do the work myself, which essentially consists of me procrastinating for weeks until I can be bothered to actually do anything. Point is I had a group that I should have kept in contact with and actually met up with to make the infographics, but I didn't because like I said I work better alone, which does sound like a really douchey thing to say but its the truth. 

Second on my list of group work stuff, I think that the group pretty much did the same as me, by that I mean worked alone, but the other two did have some form of contact with one and other as they were talking every now and again in a group chat that all three of us were in, I just chose to ignore it because I'm a bad person. Sometimes I did look at the chat without opening it because once again I didn't want to be talk to anyone, (yeah, I know how socially awkward of me) but I still wanted to know what was going on which wasn't a lot for the majority of the time, mainly they were asking where I was... 

Over all I think the work that I made was pretty damn good if I do say so myself (which I obviously do because I'm full of myself and this is my blog after all) but to be honest, I should have interacted with my group a lot more because I could have used them to do some of the work for me...Errm I mean we could have worked as a group to complete the work... but it would have worked out the way that it was supposed to is my point. I probably could have done with doing a lot more planning rather than just thinking 'oh that could be cool as an infographic' because that did really trip me up more than once, When I was making the first infographic I just thought I'd make something to do with super heroes, since I had just got back from seeing Batman Vs Superman at the cinema, but that was the extent of my planning, I did just then proceed to throw it together on the fly. I did however look at it afterwards and think how terrible it was, so I remade it with 'some' planning (I made a few little drawings on a scrap piece of paper). I then went about two weeks before doing literally anymore work and then all of a sudden thought about a game that I played when I was younger, I remembered it held a record for the most profanity in a game (I was a massive nerd and actually knew the exact number of every swear at one point when I was younger) so I did the exact same thing and didn't plan anything out and ended up doing it twice. So lesson learned, plan my stuff out before I make it, which I do usually do I was just being arrogant in thinking that an infographic wouldn't be that hard to make, which it wasn't, it was just the way it looked that was my problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment