Tuesday 10 May 2016

It's me Jimmy...


For anyone who has seen this movie will understand the title immediately, for those who haven't let me explain it. So Hardcore Henry, the first person movie released in April, I just finished watching it and it was a lot better than I expected it to be, I was quite reluctant to watch it when it first came out I'd heard some people say that while watching it made them feel sick or gave them a head ache, so I didn't really bother with it. I can now say though that it is a really good film, it has some problems that slightly bugged me but I can overlook them since they are pretty minor things.

Let me just say that when I first started watching I got a little bored because everything seemed a little boring to me, and I don't mean that there wasn't any action because there was it was just the fact that everything seemed to keep going wrong for Henry, but then the story actually picked up and I was pretty much engrossed for the rest of the film. My first problem was that I couldn't really make much out in the action scenes as they were really fast paced, like they should be but fast paced action didn't work too well with the first person thing, there was way too much motion blur. 

The second thing that got me which I'll add this isn't a complaint because it was pretty funny, this is where the title comes in, for those who haven't seen the movie, there's a character called Jimmy who (spoilers) is later found to be a cripple hiding in a secret lab and has clones (I guess that's what they are) each with their own persona's, but in every scene with one of these clones they die and then a new one pops back up a little later, which is really confusing until it's explained and even then its still pretty confusing.

I'm usually against the idea of movies being made into games because usually there's just something off about them but in this case I'm seriously hoping for a Hardcore Henry game, I think that this movie is a perfect candidate for a game, I don't know if that's because of the first person theme or if it's all the action in the movie, either way I think it'll just work because I had an urge to pick my controller up during the movie because I felt like I was just watching the intro to a game and I was so ready to kick some ass with my side kick Jimmy leading the charge!

All in all it's a pretty good movie, I'm also debating with the voices in my head as to whether it's a film worthy of being in my top 10 films because I really liked it but I'm also a little unsure and I really don't know why...


No comments:

Post a Comment