Saturday 7 May 2016

Whose side are you on? The audience wins either way


Where to start with this film... I have so many mixed feelings, I liked it and it made me laugh at times and also left me wanting more, but at the same time I was bored watching it. It was just another generic action film, it had all the action (go figure) and the right mix of dialogue to make it a good film, the opening was a little weird since there was no kind of set up just straight into some kind of mission, it of course made more sense as the film went on but when it started I thought I had missed something. 

The whole idea behind the reason that Cap and Iron Man 'fall out' was a good idea but I couldn't help but think it was a little like Batman Vs Superman in how it was one man pitting the two against each other, I was half expecting Cap and Iron Man to name their mothers and then become friends again. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here but I just had to slip that in before I forgot, but yes one man causing Cap and Iron Man to become foe's was great and the film really supported it as you didn't find this out till the end. Although this film is a Captain America film it did feel more like an Avengers film at times, which is both a good and a bad thing because if you picked a side before you went into the film you could still support that side somewhat, but the film did obviously follow Cap around as it was his film after all.

I did feel a little disappointed when Tony found out that Cap was telling the truth and sided with him, I thought that was going to be it for the fighting and the two were going to team back up and stop the 'bad guy' together, but then no sooner had the two become friends again they were back to fighting and it was left up to Black Panther to apprehend the 'bad guy'. I keep saying 'bad guy' because he wasn't really that bad, I mean yes he did bomb a building filled with international dignitaries and kill that one guy... yeah okay he is a bad guy but he did kind of have a good reason for it, I mean the Avengers did accidentally kill his entire family.




I have to throw this in here at the end as its being bugging me (pardon the pun) since I saw it, and that is the scene where Ant-man is sat on the end of one of Hawk Eye's arrows. Why has this being bugging me (again, sorry) well I'll tell you, its because the way that Scott Lang is able to shrink to the size of an ant is with the use of Pym Particles and the way they work is by shrinking the distance between the atoms of whatever they are shrinking, meaning that they would still have the same mass (weight) so if you shrunk a car to the size of a coin it would still weigh the same amount, so Scott would have still weighed the same amount while sat on the end of Hawk Eye's arrow. Watch the video below for all the actual science stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment