Saturday 26 March 2016

How Batman V Superman is really a prologue...



Every time I see an advertisement or a trailer for this movie it just intensifies my hate for it, as I said in my last post, if I don't like something then I'm not exactly nice about it. 

To start off lets talk about the promotional poster, one side features Superman with a white background suggesting that he is the good figure of this movie. Whereas Batman is surrounded by black, which signifies evil. Therefore, despite both actually being praised as heroes in their own movies, Batman is being depicted as the villain. Although, it could also be as simple as Superman needing the sun for power and Batman fighting during the night.

What I really want to talk about though, is the fact that this movie isn't really about Batman fighting with Superman. That is just the selling point for this movie, since they've released most of the fight in the multiple trailers that they have released. When the two hero's start to fight we're probably going to see something really cool and cinematic, I mean two of DC's biggest facing off against one and other is gonna be so cool, but the problem that I have is that the two are going to fight for a bit then something is going to happen that causes the two to join forces. If you look at one of the trailers I don't know which one, but Wonder Woman shows up for some reason and saves the two from some abomination that Lex Luther has created. This clearly shows that they will team up in the movie and the question that everyone wants answered will still be unanswered, plus if you look at the section of the trailer after Wonder Woman has shown up you stop seeing Batman and Superman fighting and just individual clips of the three going in for an attack. This super cut of all the trailers in chronological order is pretty good, it shows that they are relying on the hype of the two fighting by showing the two fighting over and over in different scenes



So to conclude this post, I'm going to say that if you look up the cast members for this movie on google, you'll see a lot of DC characters in there that wouldn't need to be in there if this was just a fight between Batman and Superman. The whole reason that this is been made is so that they can start a DC movie universe, just like Marvel have done but they did it right, they introduced their characters with their own origin story movies, whereas DC is just jumping straight in and showing Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg all in one movie. The only thing that can come after this really is the making of origin movies for these characters, obviously we know Batman and Superman's origins already, but what we need to see is Wonder Woman's origin story as a film, the same with Cyborg.
I'd like to finish off by saying that I do have high hopes for this movie, I think it will be a good movie to watch, I just don't like the way that they're going about making it.


No comments:

Post a Comment