Tuesday 21 June 2016

TMNT: Out of the Shadows? Just stay there


I'd just like to start off by saying that the only reason that I watched this film was because of Stephen Amell, I'm an Arrow fan and he is Casey Jones, I watched the first one and thought it was complete trash. I hoped this would be better but what can you expect from Spielberg besides 'splosions.

The open sequence to the film was pretty decent and it got my hopes up, it was all action packed turtle parkour with a side of pizza and them blam! they're only going to see the NY Knicks... don't think this is me saying its bad, I loved that, I was giggling to myself thinking that the film was going to open with them fighting crime, I was pleasantly surprised. Also when Mickey drops the slice on the court and DJ slips that was probably the best part of the film... I would also suggest skipping over the whole Megan Fox goes Mission Impossible bit because that is just pure bullshit.

As for the rest of the film, it's the usual Michael Bay crap with plenty of destruction, especially when Krang shows up but we'll get to that later because I've got something good to say about this film! If you watched the last TMNT film you'll know that it was about 40% turtles and 60% other people who aren't mutant turtles and that was just silly, I mean who goes to the cinema to watch a film about teenage mutant ninja turtles and wants to see very little of them? Not me. The thing about this film is that it actually has more screen time for the ones that the film is about, yes the turtles, yes it should be Stephen Amell but it isn't so just be happy with the turtles okay? Good. 

So yeah the film is good, kind of, up until... right now. Krang comes along and wants to bring this huge war machine with him (it's also called something ridiculous) but because it's so big it has to come piece by piece, and guess what... it destroys all the buildings in its way and its not even being put together yet. Obviously the turtles can't be having Krang destroying New York, I mean what if they destroy the Knicks stadium Basketball will never be the same. The turtles must defend New York and they go up there and fight through their issues as a team, beat Krang as a team and then live happily ever after... in the sewers and not in the partially destroyed city that lays above them. 

To be really honest this film is worth a watch, even of it's just to decide you hate it because it does have its good points.





No comments:

Post a Comment